CYSL Soccer Rules and Guidelines
1. Each team will use 10 players and a goalie for all games. If a team has low attendance, teams will play at even strength unless agreed upon by both coaches.
2. Substitutions may be made during corner kicks, throw-ins and goal kicks. If a player is injured and the coach must enter the field, that player must be substituted.
3. Games will consist of two 35 minute halves. The half time will be 5 minutes. Game time structure may not be changed. The League and/or Referee reserve the right to shorten game time if games are running behind. Have your team arrive 15 minutes early to warm up off to the side.
4. There are NO time outs during the game except for serious injuries and then only at the Referee's discretion.
5. At all kickoffs the ball must be played forward- no rotation is required. This is a direct kick.
6. Penalty kicks will be awarded.
7. Direct kicks are taken for any fouls that result from physical contact or handballs. Corner kicks, kick-offs and goal kicks are considered direct kicks.
8. Indirect kicks are taken for off-sides, misconduct, high kicks, and restarts from injury play stoppages.
9. There are absolutely NO sliding tackles. Referees will warn players once. The second offense may result in the player being removed for the half and that team playing a person down.
10. Players will be given one opportunity for throw-ins.
11. Off-sides will be called. This is a difficult call and will be at the Referee's sole discretion. Coaches and parents MUST remain sportsmanlike!
12. At half time the teams must switch sides.
13. All players must wear matching jerseys, shorts and wear shin guards. No metal cleats. No jewelry, casts, or splints.
14. Goalies should wear a goalie shirt, a different colored jersey, or a pinnie. Goalies must use mouth guards.
15. ALL PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS WILL DISPLAY COURTEOUS BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES DURING GAMES AND PRACTICES.
16. Size 5 ball will be used.