CYSL Soccer Rules and Guidelines
1. Each team will use 7 players and a goalie for all games. If a team has low attendance, teams will play at even strength unless agreed upon by both coaches.
2. Substitutions may be made during corner kicks, throw-ins and goal kicks.
3. Games will consist of two 25 minute halves. The half time will be 5 minutes. Game time structure may not be changed. The League and/or Referee reserve the right to shorten game time if games are running behind.
4. Games MUST start at the scheduled time. Please have your team arrive 15 minutes before game time and warm up off to the side. As soon as the current game ends have your players take the field to start the game immediately.
5. There are NO time outs during the game except for serious injuries and then only at the Referee's discretion.
6. At all kickoffs the ball must be played forward- no rotation is required. This is a direct kick.
7. All direct and indirect kicks inside the Penalty Area will be taken as a penalty kick.
8. Direct kicks are taken for any fouls that result from physical contact or handballs. Corner kicks and kick-offs are considered direct kicks.
9. Indirect kicks are taken for off-sides, misconduct, high kicks, and restarts from injury play stoppages.
10. There are absolutely NO sliding tackles. Referees will warn players. Continuance of sliding tackles may result in the player being removed for the half and that team playing a person down for the remainder of the half.
11. Throw-ins at this age will be semi-instructional. A player may have two opportunities to throw the ball in. If the second attempt is not correct the throw -in goes over to the other team.
12. Off-sides will be called. This is a difficult call and will be at the Referee's sole discretion.
13. At half time the teams must switch sides.
14. All players must wear matching jerseys, shorts and shin guards. No jewelry, casts or splints.
15. Goalies should wear a goalie shirt, a different colored jersey, or a pinnie. Goalies must use mouth guards.
16. ALL PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS WILL DISPLAY COURTEOUS BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES DURING GAMES AND PRACTICES.
17. Size 4 ball will be used.