CYSL Soccer Rules and Guidelines
1. Each team will use 7 players and a goalie for all games. If a team has low attendance, teams will play at even strength.
2. Substitutions may be made during corner kicks, throw-ins and goal kicks.
3. Games will consist of two 22 minute halves. The half time will be 5 minutes. Game time structure may not be changed. The League and/or Referee reserve the right to shorten the game time if games are running behind.
4. Games MUST start at the scheduled time, but more importantly MUST end on time.
Please have your team arrive 15 minutes before game time and warm up off to the side. As soon as the current game ends, have your players take the field to start the game immediately.
5. There are NO time outs during the game except for injuries.
6. Kickoffs the ball must be played forward- no rotation is required.
7. All direct and indirect kicks inside the Penalty Area will be taken 3 feet outside the Penalty Area. The ball should be placed outside the area nearest the infraction. There are no penalty kicks.
8. Direct kicks are taken for any fouls that result from physical contact or handballs. Indirect kicks include high kicks, slide tackles and misconduct.
9. There are absolutely NO sliding tackles. Continuance of sliding tackles may result in a player being taken off the field.
10. Throw-ins at this age will be instructional. Players may throw in as many times as needed to do it correctly.
11. At half time the teams must switch sides.
12. All players must wear matching jerseys, shorts and shin guards.
13. Goalies should wear a goalie shirt, a different colored jersey, or a pinnie. Goalies must use mouth guards.
14. ALL PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS WILL DISPLAY COURTEOUS BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES DURING GAMES AND PRACTICES.
15. Size 3 ball will be used.