CYSL Soccer Rules and Guidelines
1. Coaches will referee the game while on the field (1 coach per team).
2. Encourage players to be consistently rotated at every position. No one player should play at any set position.
3. Games will consist of 5 players and a goalie. If a team has only 6 players, teams will play
at even strength.
4. The game will consist of 4-10 minute quarters. There will be a 2-minute break between the 1st and 2nd, and the 3rd and 4th quarters and a 5-minute break at half time. Games MUST start on time. Arrive early and warm-up your team off to the side. When you take the field the game should begin immediately. No game should run passed their time slot.
5. There are absolutely NO sliding tackles. Coaches are to stop play and instruct any player who does this. A player must be on his/her feet to participate in play.
6. At half time the teams have the option to switch sides.
7. All players must wear matching jerseys, shorts and wear shin guards.
8. Goalies should wear the goalie shirts, a different colored jersey or a pinnie of contrasting color.
9. Coaches/Referees must protect all players from dangerous play. Pushing, slide tackles and close play with the goalies must be stopped.
10. No adult should touch the ball while in play or interfere with the fair play of the game. The game may be stopped for instructional purposes. The clock will continue to run.
11. No coach or assistant may instruct from the end lines (near goals). They may only instruct from the sideline or on the field.
12. Size 3 ball will be used.
13. Spectators must stay away from Team benches, and watch the game from the opposite side of the field. No spectators on the end lines - particularly interfering with the Goalie.